What is this?
In 2005 I learned about the liberating and creative outlet of blogging. While I wasn’t sure this was something I thought I could to do, I always thought I had something to say, and say it I did. Blogging and expressing one’s views in its many forms has come a long way in the past decade and now there are many ways, such as podcasting, vblogging, and other forms smart people use, but for now, I am going to stick to the written word. I hope this works for you and you and let me know what you think.
People like me have an opinion about everything, ask my family and friends. I will try to keep it to some things that might actually garner an audience. Here are some topics that interest me, and hopefully interest you:
- The Future-– We can never predict the future, but we can plan it and with diligence, we can see it through. I hope to spend a lot of time talking about how organizations, businesses, communities, and how you the reader can create and manage a customized future for yourself, a Bespoke Future. This covers a lot of ground…
- Economic Development — I know, for most of you this may not mean much, but in my chosen profession, I have some things to say that doesn’t fit anywhere else. Hopefully, for those of you I see at every professional meeting, I hope you engage.
- Technology — No gadget reviews here. A discussion of technology and its impact on the future will be the topic of my posts here.
- Culture — I am not a social-cultural critic…ok maybe I am. But arent’ we all? What does the future hold for our culture(s)? Seen through the lens of technology, economics, environment and politics you may find me commenting here.
- Books — I like to read. Usually a mix of fiction, history, biography, self-help, politics, culture and sometimes topics that sway towards the esoteric.
- Other opinions and blog posts from people I respect — When I read something I like, I promise to share it here.
Promise to write back, won’t you?
Disclaimer and what this is not: